View Single Post
Old 09-26-2011, 01:57 PM

Childhood memories off the top of my head... living and watching ball in the bay area...

1972 Candlestick park...Giants vs Pirates...got to see Roberto Clemente play (his last time)...
1972 Oakland Colosseum I saw for the first time, Catfish Hunter pitch and along with Rudi, Jackson, Tenance etc...against the Rangers...start of that great run...that culminated in WS win vs Big Red Machine.
1975 Candlestick park...Dodgers vs Giants pre game...wanted to get some autographs on a ball... Don Sutton was smiling but trying to ignore us even though a bunch of us tykes were begging.... then a nice gentleman came up behind us and said..."hey Don be nice now...even though they're little Giants...I promise not to tell Lasorda if you sign a few for the kids..." and winked...Don laughed and came over to greet us and give us a sign..we turned around to thank the nice man...and it was Vin Scully!
1987 or 88 can't remember...cold nite again at Candlestick....but got to sit in the suite (courtesy of family friend whose company rented VIP booth)...and Will Clark smacked a foul ball into our laps!

Ricky