View Single Post
Old 12-17-2009, 08:02 AM
Al

Antagonistic. That's a great word.

Bruce, I met you earlier this year and found you to be a very nice, personable man. What you did a couple of days ago in this thread was funny! It was an accident, brought on by that antagonistic message board attitude that you sometimes have. It was funny, and we had fun with it!

If I had done the same thing, everyone would have had just as much fun!

"Aww, shucks, I goofed" is an endearing response when a mistake such as that is made.

Your collection, by all accounts, is wonderful, and your knowledge of the hobby is right up there with all the other hobby experts (myself definitely NOT included) who post on this board. You could be an outstanding resource here. I'm sure that being helpful and personable and friendly would not hurt your quest for rare, high-grade items - in fact, it might actually help it.

You could certainly get a lot more out of this board, and the hobby in general, than you presently do - it's sort of a give and take thing. But if you continuously antagonize, you've got to expect a little abuse in return. You can choose to hit back harder, I suppose - some of us do that - but all that really does is create a never-ending cycle. That's no fun.

BTW, be careful with your posts in this thread. Archive might get upset that you're posting with his ID and sue you.

-Al