View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 07:40 PM
And.rew Whi.te

I am going to be 56 years old this year (freakin' A...really???) and have been collecting since I was nine years old. I have been a card show promoter, a card store owner, collector, show dealer and probably about almost all one can be in this hobby and let me just say 25 years ago they were still asking this same question.

The line that designated vintage has now moved to the early 80's, those guys who were not supposed to be collecting the 50's cards because we never saw the players play are now collecting the 50's and beyond (like me) and the hobby is now stronger than ever despite the latest scandals. If you are asking what the long term effects on time will be to vintage cards, I Will say now what many said 25 years ago. There may be a few less collectors but we have to get the kids involved now to ensure hobby growth. Either way, if I had to bet a few Ripken rookies on it I would say that the hobby and more notably, vintage cards will be just as popular then as they are now. I hope I live long enough to see my predictions come true.