View Single Post
Old 05-07-2004, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Default Robert Edward Auctions

Posted By: hankron

I would like to thank all, including Mr. Lifson, for the kind words. He and I have communicated and the whole situation is resolved. My judgment error was in not detailing the issue, but I'd never had the President of an auction house or PSA or such inquire (repeatedly!) about a post I made and, I must admit, I've always liked to be coy (i.e. the mystery of my icon). Of course the way Robert acted commments well on REA, when compared to many other institutions. I know that no other auction house or grading president would have pressed the issue as he did. That I clammed up and didn't wish to discuss the issue was largely a natural reaction. I promised Robert that I would contact him directly with any future issue.

I wish to note that I never thought or said I thought the photograph was a forgery. Forgery was a word others used. I had originally thought it an official photograph but not from 1941. If you wish to see where my thought process came from, review http://www.cycleback.com/newsservice/four.html

I've decided to take a vacation from the whole basebeball hobby, though am always happy to address individual collector's questions about something they own or are considering buying. I also regularly work on my website, adding new information there.

Best wishes
David