View Single Post
Old 12-02-2007, 09:46 PM
Administrator

Default New Veterans Committee- Every 5 Years Pre-War Players

Posted By: David Smith

As I am sitting here thinking about the Hall of Fame, I think they should expand it by having one in the Mid West and another on the West Coast. That way, if people wanted to see Hall of Fame material but didn't want to go to New York, they would have a chance. The three Halls could rotate items, displays and programs with New York starting an exhibition and then have it move to one of the other Halls.

I think they should do this because the Hall has SOOOO much stuff, they can never display it all so that people can see exactly what they have. This would also cut down on the possibility that items are damaged or destroyed (my fear) by some disaster, either natural or man-made. Also by doing this, the Hall could find out EXACTLY what they have. I have heard stories that they ahve no clue because boxes have been put down in the basement and just stored there. Maybe I am wrong.

To pay for these two new Halls and create an endowment, after all the items are documented and archived, some of them could be sold (deaccessioned SP?). This way, collectors could add to their collections and the Halls would have money to expand. Then, if the Hall needed an item or if a collector wanted to loan it back to the Hall, they could.

Just some more ideas, what do you think??

David