View Single Post
Old 09-26-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
I guess it depends on how much detail you want to read into their 18-B. What does "not accurately described" really mean? Is that with respect to the grade, or is it more along the lines of if they put a 1962 Clemente in a slab that says 1963?

Agree with you that the escape clause seems to be there if they want to re-grade. Regardless, I have not heard an infusion of complaints about this in the past year or so.
I do not think they have been rampantly doing it, but there have been a few threads about it and the warning should be out there. I will see if I can find one if they included any searchable key words. I remember an original poster stating that the owners told them, "we didn't grade this the last time so we had to re-assess it to see if it met our standards". That would be the equivalent of PSA saying, "one of our old graders got a new job, and now we force a review of anything he graded".

I find it interesting that somehow they do not guarantee the previous grade's accuracy, yet it is in their name. I guess that is why they spelled it wrong in the name-- "Guaranty" .

Last edited by murphy8276; 09-26-2019 at 03:06 PM.