View Single Post
Old 11-09-2018, 01:41 PM
Andrew Aronstein

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATP View Post
Hi, just a couple of quick comments. I am very certain that is not actually signed by Gehrig, not sure exactly if it's a forgery or someone just wrote it goofing around, if it is it's not a very good attempt at one. In regards to whether or not he was actually in Cooperstown on that date, he wouldn't have had to be in order to have signed it. People get first day covers signed all the time at later dates/locations, that's just the date it was stamped and sold as a collectible. The question comes up a lot about First Day Covers being signed the day they were stamped, it's just the date they put on it when it was issued.

Oh I’m quite familiar with FDOI covers just trying to rule things out/in if I can. So far, we’ve discovered Gehrig absolutely could not have signed this in Cooperstown because he wasn’t present. That was my intention with this topic.

Guess I’ll be submitting this at the next show because I’d love to know or sure one way or the other. What makes you so sure it’s not authentic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk