View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 06:54 PM
Administrator

Default Anyone know the high bidder on my T206 Cobb?

Posted By: E, Daniel

As a previous post recommends, on an amount this large and especially the strangeness of his behaviour regarding shipping and insurance, WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT TAKE PAYPAL!
Even if you lose the sale.
Last year, I sold a card for $1800 to a guy in NY. He then claimed he never got it, and though USPS said it was delivered - unexplainably they couldn't find a signature on file.
Even though it was signature confirmation, delivery confirmation, fully insured......He said he wasn't going to wait for the process to play out, called his credit company who stopped payment through Paypal, which then froze my account for over 4 weeks while I had to make good on his $1800.
So, I was out the $1800/the card, people I traded with were notified by paypal that payments even previous to this transaction were no longer being honored and were pulled out of their accounts.
I was literally, literally, in ulcers for over 4 weeks.

Guess what?
USPS denied my claim for insurance, even though I had done everything right, saying they belived it had been delivered and that was the end of it.
Paypal, though pretending to represent me on the issue, did nothing to contest the actions of his credit company.

So I lost one of my most treasured cards - an absoulutely unique and irreplaceable card of Ruth's, either in the mail or to a buyer who is really a thief, and am out a whole lot of cash. It still makes me sick inside when I think of it.

On big ticket items, I recommend strongly to accept money orders or chashiers checks that once cleared into your account, are your money period.
And I ship UPS by preference for said high priced items, for the clear tracking process and unquestionable requirement for a signature to show delivery, and insurance process.

If you have to use USPS, definitely, definitely, go registered.
Whatever you do, don't take his word for it on the insurance, especially if you decide to accept the paypal payment.

Regards
Daniel