View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bocabirdman View Post
I thought I sensed E-E logic afoot. I be the black sheep in a family of engineers. Pop got his Doctorate in EE from Johns Hopkins. I majored in Michelob at Zoo Mass Amherst. I do however retain the logical thought process. I wonder why the T206s are all classified the same identifer. Someone correct me if I am wrong, Sweet Caps came with Sweet Caporal tobacco. Piedmont with Piedmont. Old Mill with...oh you get the idea. Why wouldn't each brand, if not each series (150/350/460) have it's own designation? There should at least be a T206-1 and so forth.
As I said before, it's not rocket science. If anyone wants to really know why Burdick did what he did, it's all on the board if anyone cares to read. Do a search on Card Collectors Bulletins and read the ones from the late 30s and the 1945 time frame (which was right before the current numbering system was put into place, by him). And his very first writings, before ANY numbers were in place, are also on the board in perpetuity. The little icon on the far right, that says, "Archives" is where you will find a lot of Burdick's thoughts...(near the bottom) ...and here is a link.

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=146010