View Single Post
Old 04-19-2023, 02:54 PM
Bob C.

I think it is really more the problem of WHO was selected by Ebay to review the graded cards going through their Authentication Program (AP). I've only had one Ebay purchase have to go through their AP, but it was for a raw card, that goes to an entirely different TPG. And it got to me a lot faster than what everyone else who's had a graded card go through the AP has said it took for them to finally get their cards. Still, the ultimate, overall fault/responsibility lies with Ebay, since they're the ones who selected the TPG to do the review of graded cards for their AP, and not you or I. But the specific fault seems to lie with the TPG doing the review of graded cards being damn slow!

Maybe the worst part is, you can't even directly complain to this TPG since you didn't hire and aren't paying them. And if you try complaining to Ebay, I'm guessing they'll just blow you off and say something like they leave the authentication work up to, and don't otherwise control, this TPG doing it, and/or that you aren't being charged for anything, so there's really nothing for you to be complaining about.

Now, if more and more customers did start complaining to Ebay about the long delays, and even more importantly, figured out a way to start cancelling purchases because of these delays, THEN I think you might start to see Ebay pay a little attention. But we all know that when it comes to card collectors it seems, "Stuff trumps all!", and Ebay knows that very, very well. So, people may complain, but until it somehow actually begins to have an effect on Ebay's bottom line, don't go holding your breath on any changes to how long the AP process may take, anytime soon, IMO.

Last edited by BobC; 04-19-2023 at 03:00 PM.