View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 10:55 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
I think we have winner for the award for the least sensical and most grammatically incorrect post ever.

This type of post certainly helps to explain all the mistakes PSA makes. If they hire people who can't do something as basic as write the English language correctly, what should we really expect from them in the terms of quality?

I always love it when people keep regurgitating the fantasy that because you don't slab stuff that somehow it will sell for pennies on the dollar. I realize it is incomprehensible to some that an "old" school collector could actually speak to their family before they died about their collection or, God forbid, could have even taken a few minutes to write out some instructions for selling the stuff after they are gone...Nah. What I am thinking? Of course, us old school collectors don't have or don't speak with our families.

Also I was just wondering, does slabbing come with some sort of guarantee that an unscrupulous dealer won't try to rip off my family who tries to sell slabbed items?

Perhaps, those who constantly regale in stories of the sale power of slabbing should just look at the example of this very auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-Chicago...kAAOSwbPxXQbRT
They might want to read the description.
Parting with the ticket shown, as shown. The ticket was obtained from the area estate of an avid collector and game attendee who had saved items from the early 1900's forward. Ungraded.

OMG!!! It came out of an estate with no slabbing! Gee, I wonder how it is possible that it sold for $2850 when a board member's comparable slabbed version sold for $400 less, just 2mo earlier.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1932-World-S...sAAOSwyjBW5gT2

I wonder if the people from the Black Rock find feel like they sold their items for pennies on the dollar? Hmm. They were stored in a old shoebox. It's too bad their condition wasn't preserved. They might have made so much more money if they had been slabbed 20yrs ago. It would've been a great investment.
+++
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow