View Single Post
Old 02-09-2017, 03:38 PM
Scott R.

Default Thanks for the kind words everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason View Post
A goal completed is always a great thing! Congrats on completing the Team set. Any plans to go further within the set? It makes me want to pick one up I have always liked the issue.
Thank you, Jason! I probably won't add more from the set at the moment, as I'm a strict Red Sox collector...but later on down the road I would definitely consider adding more as it's my favorite set. Maybe field a whole T3 team, just need a SS, corner OF's, and pitchers!

Quote:
Originally Posted by conor912 View Post
Very cool....and I love that they're raw!
Thanks Conor. I wouldn't have them any other way! I do like a lot of my cards graded, but these are the exception. Much more affordable, and you can appreciate them more in their raw form. Not to mention I didn't want to have a mix of slabbed and raw T3's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Den*nis O*Brien View Post
It took a number of years to complete mostly due to $ constraints. The $ consideration also accounts for the large number of beaters. It does seem that pin/tack holes are common to the issue. My vote, if asked, for coolest back on a card would go to T3 Ad Back!
Wow, very impressive, Dennis! Beautiful examples you got there, thanks for sharing (Tinker and Brown 2 of my favorites from the set). I certainly can't argue with your vote! If I were a kid back in the day I'd tack these to my wall as well....how cool would that look?!

Jantz - Thanks for the kind words. Best of luck on the T206 set....that actually might be my next team set project, already have a few in my collection.

Zach Wheat - Thanks! I'll have to find my camera so I can take a better picture of my team set, that picture does not do them justice!

scottzoe - No Teddy Williams for pennies on the dollar? I'll contact you sometime in the future, to upgrade a couple of mine.

wolf441 - Do it! The red does pop, especially on the Speaker...that card almost looks 3D in person.

kawika - WOW! Incredibly impressive collection of T3's you got there!!! I'll visit your museum any day. I think the pinholes add some character to them as well, good to know they were displayed back in the day.

frankbmd - Ha, my Niles is gem mint compared to yours! I'll keep an eye out for your missing triangle. I thought it had been cut out because of the words on the back, but "one of ons take either Old or express" doesn't seem to make sense, unless it's some hidden directions to some buried treasure?!