View Single Post
Old 11-29-2019, 09:46 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored5000 View Post
I completely understand what you are saying about the best buy possibly being an obscure Trout card. But maybe the best buy from a purely financial standpoint isn't even baseball. Ruth, Jeter and Trout aren't flying under anyone's radar.

I always like reading David Peck's posts on here about his Wrestling All-Stars collection and its explosion in value in recent years. Peck started scooping up those cards when they were worth virtually nothing, and a high-grade Hulk Hogan Wrestling All-Stars card could be had for $50. Who would have ever thought those cards would explode the way they have?
Given the popularity among the general public of golf, the fact that Jack Nicklaus is the best golfer of all time by a near consensus, and the fact that he has only two issues that could be considered early cards, both of which are pretty hard to find especially the 1973 Panini -- I don't understand why those cards aren't worth a hell of a lot more.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 11-29-2019 at 09:47 PM.