View Single Post
Old 06-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Mark Fox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhotchkiss View Post
So, I am likely going to buy a table at next year’s national just so I can get in Tuesday. I am not a dealer and I will likely set nothing up at that table, which means there will be one less dealer to buy from. But I will have paid full freight, and even though everyone else will be out one dealer Johny630 will be happy and that all that matters.
My father buys and sells Lionel trains and always has a couple of dealer tables at one of the larger North East regional train shows in York, PA. This train show is biannual, and the organizers of the shows stipulate in the contract for a table, that the dealer must have a presence on the table from show's opening on Thursday afternoon through the shows end on Sunday morning.

The organizers keep pretty good tabs on this, and failure to maintain what the organizers consider a significant presence at your tables black lists the dealer for at least the following 2 shows, and their table requests will get denied for those 2 shows at a minimum. They had to implement this to keep dealers from leaving early and not showing up on Sunday morning as well as people registering for a table, only to walk around the show before the public opening to make purchases, sales or trades and never put merchandise out on their tables.