View Single Post
Old 11-30-2006, 07:48 PM
Administrator

Default Mile High Card Company's Stance on Hobby Issues

Posted By: Steve

This is the problem with this type of thing on the internet. I presented FIRST HAND direct information. I did not introduce this thread and was the fifth or sixth person to post AFTER TWO DAYS. I have no personal relationship or problem with Drent and do not know him personally, he seems freindly enough.

I am simply providing information. My apologies for my slight acknowledged error in recollection. If you then feel this impugns my credibility so be it, but please stop with the attacks (Schwartz and Barokas) - I never comment on anything with either of you. I have submitted over 500 cards just this year to PSA and have plenty of higher grade cards in my auctions but that is beside the point. I can assure you that the 52 Topps card Drent sold was enhanced from when he got it from me. I know many of you hate PSA and that is your right but PSA rarely, if ever, grades 52s with rough cuts AND slightly soft corners 8s. I do not have before and after scans as I had no idea he would do this and do not keep scans of every card, especially when I buy and sell them at the same show. Of course this would not be enough for a criminal conviction, I am simply relaying my experience, nothing more or less.

I also have an auction in January and have two booths at Reading this weekend and found time to address a VITAL issue to the hobby. The fact that Drent is not touching this is to say the least questionable. Attacking someone providing firsthand information does not provide for a healthy or productive debate on an issue that should be important to everyone.

Steve