View Single Post
Old 04-19-2019, 05:53 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Quote:
Originally Posted by CW View Post
From the article:

He bought the card for on sale for 80% off, paying just $2. The store employee said he couldn't tell if it was worth anything because he couldn't identify the company name on the back of the card.

"We couldn't find it anywhere. Six, seven, eight days of searching the card, we were running into the same thing this old man was running into," Ball said.

So he dug even deeper and started googling the history of the Shotwell logo.

The more this guy talks about the card, the more holes appear in his story (I realize we all know it's a fake). So I just did a quick Google search of "shotwell babe ruth" and the first 2 hits told me all I need to know about the card. The first 2 links led me to the PSA CardFacts pages for the Ruth card and the Shotwell set.

"The 1921 Shotwell baseball set appears to be one of the scarcest in existence with only three cards known to exist - Babe Ruth, Babe Doll Jacobson and George Dauss."

It seems strange that both the card shop owner and the new owner spent 6, 7, practically 8 DAYS searching and couldn't find anything about the company name.

Also, if the card is indeed "one of a kind", how do you explain the PSA 1.5 that already exists?

I guess it's good entertainment.

€hu¢k W0£f
We know it's all BS, the owner knows it's all BS. The only one in the dark is the local television station.