View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 10:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
My condolences on the loss of your Father--a very sad time to be sure!

My below thoughts are just mine & I could be very wrong, BUT-----

Am I the only one who has a question as to authenticity? Those tobacco cards look too perfectly centered, bright & untouched, all of them.

I certainly hope they are ALL real, but something looks too good to me!
Thank you for the condolences. I completely understand where youre coming from. I'm going to get a scanner for better photos and maybe bring them down to a shop in Copperstown for someone to look at for a glance over.

All I can say about the old man was, he never used a computer in his life. This collection was mainly built before I was born. We live 2 hours from Copperstown and thats where he spent a lot of time along with some auctions. I don't think grading was popular or even existed when he was doing most of his collecting... I just don't see the old man spending his time or money buying reprints but I could absolutely be wrong. I remember as a really young kid going to Copperstown and he knew everyone, the shop owners would take me to exhibits not even open to the public yet and show me new card or memorabilia arrivals. It was an amazing experience everytime I went. I still do go there almost every year, but just to visit the hall and have a nice meal.

No matter what happens with the cards, real/fake whatever the outcome. I will keep everyone updated to show the appreciation for all the feedback responses and love given out by you guys. I will stay patient and continue researching and talking with people. You guys are all awesome, thank you.