View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 10:00 AM

Selling a collection, a quick guide to maximizing by concerned individual

Step 1: Familiarize yourself with grading: https://www.psacard.com/resources/gr...tandards#cards. The difference between a 5 and 6 on a card like a T206 Green Background Ty Cobb is immense-- $10,000 or more

Step 2: Safely remove the cards from the screw down holders and place them into Card Saver 1's https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_fro...ver+1&_sacat=0 Go ahead and buy $10 worth of junk cards to practice with until you aren't chipping corners or creating any unneeded wear on your cards.

Step 3: Create a dark space in your house and buy a halogen light bulb desk lamp. This is the space you will use to review the condition of your cards accurately.

Step 4: Create a google sheet with columns "Card Type", "Grade", "Price of grade estimate" "Price of 1 grade below" "Price of 1 grade higher".

Step 5: Work through your collection 1 by 1 and create this spreadsheet with your estimates and the grades up and grades down. This will give you a low end, an average, and a high end of what your collection might be worth.

Step 6: Scan a sampling of 30 to 50 cards front and back and post them here for grading estimates to ensure accuracy in step 5.

Step 7: Contact Greg Morris Cards and REA auctions. Do not contact any other auctions listed in this thread-- you will regret it.

Step 8: Use Greg Morris Cards to maximize and sell all cards from the 1930's to the 1980's.

Step 9: Use REA to maximize and sell all cards from the 1920's and earlier including your high end T206's, tobacco cards, and any ultra-hi end singles.

Step 10: TAKE YOUR TIME. I can't see the exact condition, but if your whole collection is in similar condition you could have $30,000-$50,000 or more-- TAKE YOUR TIME.

If you need ANY help please reach out to me via text, phone call, or email. I will be more than happy to review your spreadsheet, give an objective opinion on condition and value, and try to help point you in the right direction.

Last edited by Sean1125; 02-08-2019 at 10:22 AM.