View Single Post
Old 02-08-2019, 09:32 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Not a terrible idea, but in essence an honest auction house is trying to make you the most money possible as that is how THEY make money. Also is the bolded portion supposed to be a bad thing?

When Jerry Mason was looking at what to do with the Miner's Extra collection he found in a house he was cleaning out, I met with him and gave him a lot of free advice on how to deal with auction houses. He originally had only committed to giving me the non-sports, but I didn't want to see him get taken. I spent quite some time with him going over things without any thought to getting the baseball and boxing cards.

A while later, to my surprise, he called me and asked me to take on the whole collection.

Maybe I'm naive or a Pollyanna, but I believe in helping people regardless of whether or not they consign to me. It's just who I am.
I can say from personal experience as a buyer and seller with Scott he is the most honest guy in the business. All you have to do is look at the descriptions he has used in his previous auctions. There is no BS and he honestly describes the cards.

I can't say enough good things about the man and the service he provides. If going the auction house route I would highly recommend putting him on your short list of prospective AHs.