View Single Post
Old 11-10-2016, 07:25 PM
Steve Birmingham

Very nice catch Pat.

Another interesting thing is that it looks like the Pi50 has a solid dot while the EPDG has a ring of color. The scans aren't good enough to figure out which might have been earlier (If it's a mistake being corrected or progressive damage.) Do you have any of the actual cards? The card with the crumpled nail always has an indent from the nail itself, and I would hazard a wild guess that the circle is the head of a nail that was working its way loose. If there's an indent then that's the likely explanation.

I think the P150's were at least three different print runs with slightly redone art between them. Three for sure, and maybe a fourth. I'm not sure that differences will be found for all the cards, so perhaps run 1 was done three times, run 2 only twice and run 3 only once.
The 350's as far as I can figure were a totally new thing and the art was slightly redone for at least some of the subjects if not all of them. I think we'll eventually see some really tough cards that I might technically class as wrong backs - cards with the 150 art but 350 backs.