View Single Post
Old 07-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Default Life could not be better...

Posted By: jay behrens

If I am away from home and my friend doesn't have a computer, then I head for the local library to get my internet fix.

I did 6 years in the Navy's nuclear power program and spent 96 days at sea without seeing a port, so I can relate to what it's like. Thankfully, I owned an AppleII in the mid 80s and that kept me entertained at sea. I was in an APBA league on board and I kept all the stats on my computer.

I didn't find the internet until 1988 when all that was available was USENET and ftp protocols. No pretty pictures. Even back then, there were card dealers using the USENET boards to try and drive prices on cards claiming that people were paying $XXX.XX for such item to justify their selling price and showing a print out from the computer in their ad. What they didn't tell you was that the person that was supposedly paying that amount was a buddy of their's. Whenever I contacted these people with silly buy prices, I was always told that they had a buge response and were no longer interested in buying. Gee, why would stop buying a supposedly hot product that was supposed to make huge jumps in value?

Jay