View Single Post
Old 05-14-2018, 11:28 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantitiwinit View Post
Two questions:

1) How can you ensure you will only sticker say 1% or 5% or any % of the cards submitted. For instance, I submit a card to you on day 1 that you deem to be of high grade and sticker it, day 247 someone else submits another card you also deem is high for the grade and sticker that, etc, etc, etc. To ensure you properly sticker only say 1% you would need to know beforehand how many cards truly exist at the top end of the range for that particular grade. I don't see how thats possible beforehand especially since existing cards are being graded every day thereby increasing the total graded population at any grade. It could end up that a high % of the cards in a particular grade for that player in that issue receive a sticker which ends up causing this selectivity service being self defeating.

2) Assuming you are reviewing the card thru the slab (i'm too lazy to go and see if thats how you review the card) and don't have the raw card in hand so you can't see all the flaws, ie, wavy edges, discolorations, types of stains, etc. As a result I might buy a card that has been stickered but if I submitted it for review to say PSA it might not truly be high end for the grade.

I would think this process could actually de-value a card.

Seems gimicky I will pass.
Nobody is going to submit if there is only a 1 in 20 or worse chance of getting the sticker, IMO. And in any event this seems doomed to end up being arbitrary, or political, or both.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 05-14-2018 at 11:31 AM.