View Single Post
Old 11-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Brad

Default Welcome to the board

Hi Seb-
Welcome to the board (sorry for all the cynical posts you had to endure earlier, that's an unfortunate part of this forum sometimes).

At a quick glance, this lot doesn't seem to offer a lot of "stuff" for pre-war collectors. Maybe for someone working on sets from the 1960s (?). But, it's still pretty cool and would be great to have just to sort through it and have some fun. That said, the asking price is WAY TOO HIGH, in my opinion.

I've purchased a few similar lots over the year, but never at this price level. Also, I've never done it with the intention of re-selling them. I've always broken them down for sets I'm working or to assist friends with their sets, but I've never gone about it with the idea of turning them around for a profit.

It's interesting that the seller says they don't believe in "book value", but then later they say: "The FAIR MARKET VALUE of this lot is $6350.47." That's a very exact number from someone who says they don't use a book, but whatever.

That's my two cents. Maybe at $2500 or so it'd be worth it, but I'd stay away from it at the price they're asking. Good luck.