View Single Post
Old 12-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Bill Hedin

Default Trying not to comment, but.......

In my thirty plus years of running decent local shows I can honestly state that the quality of your show arrives from having good honest fair dealers with decent inventory to draw customers.
Anything else can be considered an added attraction or de-traction!

I lost money three times in three decades of promoting shows. Once it was due to a ridiculous insurance bond I needed in addition to my normal one, and the other two we're because of my poor choice in two autograph guests. One player just didn't draw people and then there was Brad Park walking out of my show 20 minutes after I paid him.

If some one tells you they are going to "water the lawn", don't assume it means they are using the restroom!

I sincerely hope every one can find a comfortable way to enjoy our hobby and grind out a living with out the drama. I always noticed some collectors were jealous of the dealers and some of the dealers were jealous of me the promoter.

Well, this promoter is now happy simply to be here enjoying life as a collector in what is my version of card collecting paradise: net 54.

At the end of the day that's all we have are memories. I'm proud to say that my best hobby memories are of the time spent with people on this board.

Happy Holidays,

Bill Hedin