View Single Post
Old 06-26-2012, 09:06 AM

Default Upcoming Baseball Card Tracking Website

I too have been using spreadsheets to track my collection for years. I’ve always thought there has to be a better way to track and manage a collection than spreadsheets, so about a year ago I decided to build one.

In mid-July I will release a Web site called White Whale Cards, which will be a vintage baseball card social network. I have built a number of features into the site including being able to easily make a checklist of which cards you own, upload photos of these cards, make a list of the cards on your want list, and share all of this with the community. My hope is to replace the need for excel spreadsheets, Photobucket/Picassa, and other cumbersome tools and instead connect card collectors in the way Facebook has connected people.

I am currently looking for a few beta testers to test an early version of the site over the next two weeks. This would entail using the site to checklist which cards you own, uploading pictures of your collection and then giving us feedback on how well it works and how we can make it easier. If you are interested in beta testing for the site, please PM me.

Thanks,
Jonathan