View Single Post
Old 09-30-2015, 01:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by glchen View Post
I'm obviously not a lawyer, but I thought vendors could be sued by the estate for selling items that aren't licensed. Sure, these are fantasy items, but they're not being given away for free. Of course, if Helmar "cards" have been properly licensed, then I take back everything I've said here.
I think they are very attractive cards, but I dislike how minimal the advertisement is on them being modern, fakes/reprints.

If you search for t206 the only thing in the title are the quote marks around it is "t206" with quote marks around it in the title.

The description only says "Collection of eighty-six different cards, similar in design to the popular T206 White-Border tobacco cards, issued by the Helmar Brewing Company. "

and

"Like all of the Helmar issues, these cards were intentionally produced with a distressed look, with most having rounded corners and rubbed edges."

Shouldn't it say, 2015 Helmar or something to that affect to make it more clear this is not a real vintage card?

Additionally, would an an auction house catch some heat if they sell wagner reprints for 5 bucks a clip? I would agree it seems out of place.

Last edited by Kevin.Shenker; 09-30-2015 at 01:23 AM.