View Single Post
Old 09-29-2018, 10:41 PM
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Wow, way to take my quote out of context! I said quite a bit more before and after making that statement, go back and read it again.

There is due diligence that needs to be done by anyone that has an object for sale, if they don't do it or simply hand it off to someone else (that may or may not do it) then that is on them, not the universe to make them "right."

This is a fight I am just not willing to have.
Fight? For real? We, or at least I am, politely discussing/debating.

I absolutely agree that anyone selling should make efforts to know something about the material they have for sale but sometimes that is easier said than done. Should we expect a 70 year old widow to know her husband's ungraded caramel cards are in NM-MT condition as opposed to EXMT? Or that the T206 Doyle is the rare variation? Nobody can become enough of an expert that quickly to be able to fend for themselves in an environment that exists in most collectible fields.

Anyway, I did not take the quote out of context. I do not want to come off as argumentative but nothing you wrote before or after really that explained what you meant. Here is the whole statement which was made in its own mini paragraph: "Also, I have never understood the thought process that somehow the Consignor is somehow “owed” or “deserves” top dollar for their item, especially if they have no idea what it is or why it is worth money. There is nothing sacred about their claim any more than the collector that is looking to purchase an item and SURPRISE would love to find something for a good deal." And for the reasons I have stated, I simply do not agree with it but I am sure many here would support your position.