View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 04:09 AM
J0hn Raff3rty

Coming Monday, or at least sometime soon.

I see the reason to promote the crossover at this time, but there is probably still more value in cards that clear PSA's review process. You can't just switch all the Set Registry money guys over to SGC in a year, and probably never. I expect more will leave the card industry rather than restart from scratch with a new grading company.

But if this special can be used to pre-screen cards for PSA's Grade Guarantee and then present SGC's findings of "Altered" to PSA, you would stand a better chance of a refund/current market value. If you set a min grade of 5, if it is altered will SGC just say "Didn't meet min grade" or do they say "Altered: recoloring" when it comes to a crossover submission? Because you could take all your in limbo vintage cards, send them to SGC for a min grade of SGC 10 Pristine+ Never Been Kissed, and they would evaluate them for alterations first. When they assign an EX grade, it doesn't meet their standards for SGC 10. They return all the cards to you for $10 each, in the PSA holders, along with the knowledge that they either didn't make Min Grade or they're Altered.

But if people don't mind if their cards cross over to SGC as a way to get them out of a tainted PSA/PWCC/Moser cert number, it might make some sense. I'd rather see them all returned to PWCC first, PSA second.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coming_monday.JPG (44.6 KB, 1022 views)
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.