View Single Post
Old 05-26-2018, 12:14 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
I would presume other TPG. I don't know many people at all who submit to PSA anymore -- you can't get your cards back for months. I was at one show recently and a very valuable football card in an SGC holder was sitting at an auction company's booth. Somehow we began talking about how he had gotten the card raw and needed to get it graded quickly for his auction. But because PSA can't return cards for weeks or months, he sent it into SGC instead. Whatever the numbers PSA is doing now they are doing significantly less than they could if they were competent.

I have entire sets of 50s near mint PSA sets that I'd send in at some point to be graded but won't because it's not worth waiting six months for their return. I'm sure plenty of people feel the same.
Maybe people can chime in on what they are doing, it would still be anecdotal but interesting. The handful of folks I know have not switched.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.