View Single Post
Old 07-31-2017, 12:31 AM
je.sse @rnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by botn View Post
I have seen REA describe a card as not deserving the grade. Even if an auction house does not go that far, I do not recall regularly seeing one actually hype a card that is glaringly over graded. Maybe I do not read enough auction house descriptions or maybe I do not read them closely enough.

I do not expect an auction house to be too critical of its consignments but I do expect them to not misrepresent.
Perhaps I'm more cynical than you, but I expect anyone trying to sell me something, including an auction house, to gloss over an items flaws, and try to focus attention on the positive attributes. Creative wording to make a flaw seem less severe, while not completely honest, is pretty common from what I've seen on ebay and in AH descriptions. And is certainly not limited to our hobby.

If the description had read something like this card has major surface issues, is way off center, and looks trimmed as well as over graded I would have appreciated the honesty. However it would prevent me from considering them for my next consignment.