View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 08:24 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Gigi, on her 3rd chance....

Here is Gigi, my problem child. A rescue I don't usually work with tagged her (that is how you hold them before you pick them up) here at the Garland, Tx. shelter and I picked her up. After 3 months and finally getting her to a behaviorist for some temperment issues, he gave her back and said he couldn't help her after only a week.
The rescue told me there was nothing they could do and for me to bring her back to the Garland shelter. She would be labeled dangerous (which she can be to other doggies as of now). She hasn't been aggressive to a person, which I am aware of. She wasn't even aggressive to the trainer except for one time when he said she had a right to be. I didn't really care for his methods of training but at least he is trying to help the cause.
Bringing her back would mean euthanizing her and I already had her 3 mos. So I adopted her. That was 3 months ago. She will take some time but will be fine. (fingers crossed). She is very loving towards me, of course. I don't feel she would be good with my other doggies so she is in her own run...and I walk her for a long walk (a mile or more) every day. The other doggies have a large yard. *She has gained approximately 10lbs from when this pic was taken. She probably weighs close to 50 lbs now. This is a poor picture.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg gigi2.jpg (81.6 KB, 393 views)

Last edited by Leon; 06-24-2019 at 08:27 PM.