Thread: BST Plea
View Single Post
Old 09-21-2007, 03:54 PM
Administrator

Default BST Plea

Posted By: Rick McQuillan

I buy quite a lot from the BST. If I see a card that I may be interested in with out a scan, it usually goes like this:

1. I email the seller and ask for scans.
2. I receive the scans - sometimes in 10 minutes, sometimes in 10 hours, sometimes it is two days.
3. If I like the condition and I feel that the price is right, I email the seller.
4. The seller responds, sometimes in 10 minutes, sometimes in 10 hours, sometimes it is two days. Usually the response is, "sorry, someone beat you to it".

It the scans are posted it goes like this:

1. I look at the scans and the price. If the card isn't in the condition that I am looking for or the price isn't right, I forget it and move on. The seller doesn't get bombarded with requests for scans.

2. If I like the card and the price is right, I email the seller and tell him that I will take it.

3. The sellers emails me back and says OK and I pay for it with PayPal within a few minutes.

It isn't a big deal either way, but it seems that the sellers can move items more quickly and sell more cards with scans in the post.

We all have our own reasons for doing things a particular way, and I am not trying to say what is right or wrong. If someone posts a Elberfeld Washington Portrait I will take the time to ask for a scan.

The other issue is that everyone has a different view on the condition of a card. I might think that a G/VG card should present well, maybe have a crease and some corner wear. Some people may have a card that is almost torn in half and call it G/VG. So a scan reduces these types of grading questions.

Take care!
Rick