View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 07:23 PM
Ben
ben tay/lor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcnutt View Post
I have several 1921 Morgan Silver Dollars. These are not rare coins, but are in really good shape. I have been contemplating selling these coins and using the money to invest in T206 PSA Graded Cards. With the price of silver not moving up considerably, while the value of T206 PSA Graded Cards continue to rise with no end in sight, I am trying to decide what my best move will be.

Any one ever done this or have thoughts on this?
The numismatic hobby is fading away, IMO. There was a time when you could rifle through loose change and possibly flip to some serious money, like when 1916-D dimes were actually circulating. That's just not the case nowadays and, there isn't going to be much interest past the millenial generation IMO. If you're looking for an answer regarding volatility, that's easy. In-demand T206 HOFers have been on a steady upward climb recently. Silver is all over the place. My favorite coin I ever owned was a VG10 1916-D, but I sold it to buy cards. I often looked at that coin, and imagined the guy's face who found it in circulation. What a day that must have been. Sadly, those exact moments that built the numismatic hobby are history.