View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 06:59 AM
Bill par.sons

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCRfan1 View Post
My first memories are from the very early 70's when I was around 6 or 7 years old.

The store I bought cards from was Dyer's IGA on 24 Hwy in Wamego KS. I vaguely remember purchasing the 1970 Topps and really immersing in cards during 1972 and 1973. Can't remember the 1971's though.

They had all sorts of cards. Baseball, football, basketball, funny car trading cards, and the Way Out Wheels cards. Another store located on Lincoln Street, Duckwalls, carried the cards too.

Small Kansas town in the early 1970's. Bringing back the memories.....

Thanks for the thread, and to those chiming in after reviving the thread.
For me it was Mello's Grocery store rte 105 Lakeville, Ma. Bought 5-8 packs about twice a week. Also bought a pkg of Twinkies at 15 cents and a can of soda for 10 cents on the walk home. Open the packs right after I got out of the store, then ate the twinkies. Threw the wrappers away outside the store. I'd buy anything, depending on what they had. Baseball, Football or non sport. If my mother went to a larger store like Moskoff's on rte 18, they had rack packs as well as 5 cent packs. Didn't go for the rack packs as there was always doubles that you could see. I know I got my first packs of 65 tall boys there. Mello's didn't have them. Mellos is still there, when I drive by that's the first thing I think off. Moskoff's not. Great stuff. billp