View Single Post
Old 09-03-2012, 04:53 PM

Default date spread et al

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphusa View Post
You said earlier that it was on the wall of a bar. If the fighters cam into the bar and signed while screwed to the wall??? Maybe that is why Johnson isn't on it and why Dempsey has 1931
The Jeffries and Dempsey are 21 years apart...moreover the Jeffries is dated July 27th and the fight took place on July 4th 1910....23 days after the fight....who knows when the bar owner acquired and hung it...Jeffries was from Los Angeles and probably lived in Southern Calif in 1910....I'm pretty sure the seller said the bar was in Alameda..(will confirm next time I see him)...lots of speculation when where etc...like I said, wore me out, I don't know much about autographs but a dated autograph would have to be more interesting...So if it's real...how and where it was signed 23 days after the fight is a very interesting question..The frame and it's construction are c1910....the glass isn't as wavy as I thought initially...it's only a little wavy....so probably replaced at some point....probably got broke that time Wyatt Earp and Johnny Ringo were horsing around...

Photobucket