View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 09:40 AM
Anson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rascal1010 View Post
Personally I don't care what their label looks like, or what their holder looks like. The only thing that I care about is that the grade they do put on the card is an accurate grade! I have way too many SGC & PSA graded cards that have been so inconsistently graded over the years that it's almost embarrassing to pull out a 7 in a holder that today would be lucky to get a 5 with todays grading. If they are going to make one change, please let it be consistent grading of their cards for all submissions. I for one am getting tired of playing the submission roulette depending on which grader you happen to get on any given day with both PSA & SGC.
The biggest change to card grading will be when PSA, SGC, BGS, or whoever decides to implement AI for grading. When you remove human subjectivity from the process, it will be (in theory) as consistent as it gets. While it would potentially improve the turnaround times and increase throughput, there are potential downsides too. At that point, I doubt there would be nearly as many crossover attempts.