View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 09:26 AM

I am experimenting with three binder systems:

1. UNIKEEP
2. D-Ring 3"Baseball Card binders like Ultra Pro (I have old office binders and collectors binders from Pacific Trading Cards) inside a cardboard slipcase (used USPS Priority Mail boxes work great)
3. Barrister binder with slip case or similar

FIRST: Unikeep.
* Has anyone had any issues with snap-cases damaging cards? See pics. I worry the Ultra Pro 9-pocket pages are too tight in the case and the reinforcement side posts rub the edge of pages. If cards were to slide up to top edge they would get an indention. I also wonder if flipping the pages may cause them to hit the edge. So far no issues but I can see rub marks on the edge of the pages. For archiving this is less an issue.
* I like the ability to stack 1.5" or smaller binders with pages that lie flat. There is no ring mechanism so the posts are straight up from bottom. With standard binders I worry about the bottom few pages

SECOND: D-Ring binders.
* The Ultra Pro 3" are the most affordable option (except re-using old office supplies). I like putting a sample card on the spine and the width is good my sets and ease of use. Adding a slip case allows them to stack without pressure on the pages of the albums below.
* I have also made a sash out of paper to slide around the edge of the binder to keep the pages tight and from sagging when stored upright. This does the job well.

THIRD: Barrister binders with slip cases. At $30 for binder and slip case I have not tried this yet but it seems like a fancier version of my poor man's version in item 2. The D-Ring binder poster seem straight up (some office supply binders are a too steep an angle for my tastes). The hole in the spine makes for easy removal from slipcase. The look is elegant (like a Law Office) and with a modest label would be nice on the shelf.

http://www.bindertek.com/thbast3.html

http://www.archivalmethods.com/produ...-slip-case-set
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Unikeep side.jpg (49.5 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg unikeep 3.JPG (21.2 KB, 185 views)
File Type: jpg Unikeep catch.JPG (32.6 KB, 187 views)

Last edited by PineTar5; 08-29-2016 at 09:28 AM.