View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 05:46 PM
Administrator

Default O/T what happened to the NBA? Bad Marketing?

Posted By: john/z28jd

I cant imagine color having to do anything with it for someone who has started watching basketball in the last 20+ years. As long as I've watched there were always noticeably more black players but I think its more how the players act now as opposed to back then. When I started watching I never said Larry Bird has to be my favorite because were both white,I picked my favorite player based on who I liked watching the most which was Dominique Wilkins at first,Mitch Richmond and David Robinson for a time, then I started liking guys who played for my favorite college teams,Syracuse and Louisville,when I started watching more college ball.
I've lost interest in basketball recently but it mostly has to do with the lack of talent the players have and that may have more to do with sportscenter and everyone getting on for dunking and behind the back passes instead of actually playing the game to win and making a free throw when it counts,you play basketball for a living,how hard is it to practice free throws if you cant make them! There are too many players now out to just be famous and make sportscenters top plays.

Steve also hit the nail on the head with one of the most annoying things,the end of the game just drags on forever if the score is close. I actually like blowouts better because the game ends without fouls every 2 seconds and timeouts every time the team behind gets the ball or the team ahead cant get the ball inbounds.