View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Default O/T what happened to the NBA? Bad Marketing?

Posted By: Marty Ogelvie

I don't know what happened, I just don't know but something happened. I was as avid a fan as there was back in the 70s through the 90s. MY team was the Sixers. Dr J was my favorite player. I suffered through the '77 collapse and 2 series defeats to the Lakers in the early 80s and then Moses came to town. He took the Sixers to the promise land in the most dominating post season I Have ever seen. I watched as much NBA as I could and when I wasn't watching I was in the back yard shooting hoops and practicing my behind the back board Dr J. Layout. Because of my love for the Sixers, I couldnt' stand Larry Bird or Magic Johnson when they were playing but I sure do miss them now! I continued to follow the NBA after the Doctor retired and became a Huge Jordan fan. I watched Jordan/Pippen dominate the game for close to a decade. I used to keep a box score of the Bulls each game that was televised and then Jordan retired and I there was no one left for to cheer for. I don't know what happened but once Jordan left (2nd time) there was no player left that demanded I pay attention that demanded I folllow them. I have tried to follow a team and was hoping that LeBron could bring me back but it hasn't happened yet. I watch about a half a quarter and then turn the channel. I have to tell you have not watched an entire NBA game in 10 to 15 years..

So I don't know what happended, but something did. Basketball is the greatest sport to play. YOu can go in your backyard and play an entire game all by yourself or you can play one on one. It's a GREAT GAME but the NBA as a league is missing something and I Don't what it is specifically but if I had to guess, I think its missing a player that demand I pay attention to them the way the Doctor and Jordan did.. I don't know, I wish I did know.

marty