View Single Post
Old 10-16-2018, 08:01 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Great suggestions Brian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLongley View Post
I assume the one he is showing you he received is a different cert#, etc? And it’s still a PSA 7? Perhaps try to look at the cert# on the one he is claiming you sent him to see if you can find it being sold either on eBay or through another venue through the PSA Auction Results?
I already searched PSA sales history - no record of the one he is showing an image of. Based on your suggestion just looked at ebay current and completed listings - nothing there. Anyone able to check VCP - the card in question is a PSA 7 1969 Roberto Clemente cert # 14491605

Here are the emails he has sent so far:

4:02PM
Good afternoon. Received a 1969 Clemente today. However, this is clearly not the well centered card described and shown, PSA #17980933. Needless to say this is very upsetting to me. I have no need or use for this particular card and would like it exchanged for the one listed. -Rich

5:10PM
Attached is a picture of the card you sent instead.... ( I have attached picture)

5:41PM
filed ebay return request

5:54PM
Hi again. So I'm looking at your listings for the card you sent me ( PSA #14491605) instead of the well centered card I was hoping to receive ( PSA #17980933) but turns out you don't have this card listed. I can't understand how this mix up could happen? It took me all of 15 seconds to see the mistake. I hope to hear from you soon.

6PM
This is your very detailed and informed description you gave and yet you send out this card instead and it wasn't noticeably different to you? An oversight on such a distinguished card? I expect that the card we agreed upon will eventually be on it's way after I send this one back to you....

this copy is clearly better centered than any copies I have seen on ebay in the recent past. The only thing I see that may have kept it from a 7.5-8.5 is a touch of softness on the bottom right corner. This card is likely one of the most stunning 7's you will ever see.

About 7Pm I sent him the following:
I will need to look further into this and get back with you by Thursday. What make say I do not have the listed card? (definitely should have proofed it)

7:04PM
The wrong card you sent me isn't listed. Meaning I not sure which card you got confused with since I don't see another. Point is you sent me a card totally diffetent than the one we agreed to. Now I should hold on to it until Thursday?

7:09PM
So as not to confuse anyone further. Basically all I want is to return this card you sent me and for you to send me the one in the picture of this listing. I need to wait until Thursday for this?

7:26
With all due respect I have to tell you that what's irking the most about this deal is that I passed up on a grade 7 similar to this one for less money because this one was more appealing due to the very things you described, CENTERING. I even went with the sales tax nonsense to get it and this is the result. Wait until Thursday. Smh

About 9 PM (after checking my "selling pile" and confirming for myself I had no other PSA 7 1969 Clemente's laying around)I sent:
Dear sir,

I am not a dealer. I am a collector. I collect Roberto Clemente cards. I owned 4 1969 O Pee Chee cards. A PSA 8, a BVG 8, a PSA 7 (the one I scanned and listed), and a PSA 5. I just went through my cards just in case I might have forgotten something. I still own all but the PSA 7. I have never owned the card you claim I sent. I will be reaching out to PSA tomorrow to further confirm some details before reaching out to ebay with the same information. I have been a seller on ebay since 1998. I also participate extensively on collectors bulletin boards where reputation is everything and I have a spotless one. We discuss extensively ebay users who scam and are "blackballed" by many ebay users accordingly. I encourage you to reconsider what you are trying to claim here before there is no turning back.

Howard

9:00
I am not a dealer either but do resent your allegations that I should reconsider my claim? I have no reason to lie about such a thing. I too have a spotless reputation and have no reason to lie about receiving the wrong card. You sent me this card and your remarks tell me plenty.

9:05
The card in the picture attached showing PSA #14491605 came from this envelope and this box from your location. ( He included a photo of the same card pictured on top of the box I sent him.)

9:13
How dare you say you never owned this card? This card came out of the envelope you sent. I've purchased many things on Ebay and sold many things as well and never a problem. Now you have the nerve to acuse me? Ok.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 69 Clemente scam.jpg (66.6 KB, 398 views)