View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 10:28 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanTown View Post
Just got the book in today. Learned something within minutes of going through it. So instead of thinking the 1926-29 series postcard backs were from that period is wrong. 1925-31 is the correct time period.

I knew the Silhouette cards were rare but what I didnt know is that a blank back card most likely was printed as a short print from 1925. So....if this is the case, the 1925 exhibit Gehrig rookie has company with even a more rare issue of he Silhouette.

The one thing I was unclear on was what timeframe the card would be, if it had the "This Side For Correspondence" on the reverse? Would there be a chance its 1925 or 26 on those as well?
I have never seen a Gehrig blank back or 'correspondence' no USA back. The 'correspondence' without the Made in USA is definitely the earliest printed back in the set. I think it could be 1925 too but also may slop over to 1926; I am not sure. Woody Scharf may be right with his Set 81 analysis; I will try to dig out and scan the info he sent me on that subject. He wrote of firsthand knowledge of the 1925 issue date.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...