View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 06:03 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
My girlfriend's home was robbed while we were at a movie back in 1982, so I bought a gun the next day. I sold it when my kids got older, as I felt that a gun in my home (any gun) would have much more likelihood of being used accidentally, or against me, than by me. I still feel the same way, but if I lived in a different environment I might feel differently. Certainly I would want a gun if I lived out in the middle of nowhere.
Your girlfriend’s home was burglarized, not robbed. My home was burglarized too many years ago when I was not home. I called HPD and told them "my house has been robbed" and the dispatcher quickly corrected me and told me that it was burglarized, not robbed. Evidentially there is a difference. I have a few choice words for her and told her I wasn't there to argue semantics, but to report a burglary

Anyway, it's not the bad part of town you have to worry about. I can choose to stay away from there. The problem we have (as I'm sure in other parts of the country) are home invasions in the nicer parts of town. And it's never just one person, but several people. They usually tie the victim up and ransack the house looking for valuables.

Think about it, if you're wanting to invade a home, do you choose the house in the hood (where the homeowner probably isn't going to have anything of value to take) or do you choose a house in the nicer neighborhood (where there homeowner is more likely to have something of value)?

So, I still have the same question. If I have to shoot 3 or 4 home invaders, do I want a gun that I have to keep cocking every time I want to fire a shot, or do I want a gun that can shoot just as fast as I can pull the trigger? I prefer the latter.