View Single Post
Old 01-29-2005, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Default Ty Cobb/Bushing/SCDA/Game-Used Decal Bat

Posted By: jay behrens

Interesting read. So the DiMaggio bat is authenticated based on an eyewitness. I'm assuming that this eyewitness is Heinrich, who would also have a vested interest in this being a streak bat since he is the one that sold it to Bushing.

I'm sorry, but this reeks to high heaven and barely warrants being athenticated, let alone getting the highest grade possible. I would assume that getting this grade would involve irrefutable evidence.

And falling back on "it was standard practice" is a lame excuse. It doesn't mean that it's right. It's like the old mining and steel barons making people live company towns. It may have been stardard practice, but that doesn't mean that company towns were a right or good thing. you should be cleaning up your act and removing any appearance of impropriety PRIOR to any scandal breaking out.

You crow about no authenticator has sold an item that they authenticated since the policy was instituted. This obviously didn't happen too long ago, so bragging about this fact doesn't carry much weight. And I am sure Mr Bushing will just find a awy to disguise his interest an any items that come to sale in the future.

Thanks for the changes you've made. Let's hope they have some impact.

Jay

Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming --- WOW, What a ride!