View Single Post
Old 08-14-2010, 03:50 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim VB View Post
I know that Barry, but it frustrates the hell out of me. How do the guys with felony convictions get "the stuff?" Consignors have to consent to do business with them while disregarding their past.

We have one high profile hobbyist trying to form an association to clean up the hobby and the two highest profile auctioneers he gets to go in with him??? One has a conviction for financial fraud and has been caught getting cards reholdered, with different cert numbers, so he can re-sell them after he has, supposedly, auctioned them off. The other has a criminal conviction on his record for ...
This is where we go to clean it up? Heaven help us!
Jim, where do you draw the line? So guys with fraud convictions and sex offenses are no good. What about those with drug or extortion convictions? If we removed all those with shady pasts from the hobby I suspect we wouldn't have many people selling us cards.

And I'm more concerned about those committing fraud now than those who have sold drugs or served time for fraud in the past. I know this is heresy on this board, but I'd sooner trust JP Cohen than I would anyone associated with some of the other auction houses any day of the week. JP was in jail and knows that it sucks. He's less likely (in my opinion) to take a chance on going back there than some of the other demented guys selling cards out there today who think that they'll never get caught.

Last edited by calvindog; 08-14-2010 at 04:42 PM.