View Single Post
Old 12-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Jason

Default Jason L

My real name is Jason and the L is for Last Name

I'm a relatively newly-minted 38 year old residing in New England, married, with 3 young kids, and a money-pit of a house with a couple mortgages to go with it. Had to deleverage and got rid of one (mortgage, not kid) this year, so that put some perspective on things, and appetite for pre-war has taken a hit. Staying involved through a renewed interest in 1950-60s star cards. Hope to get back to prewar before too long (T202, T204, and M116 Cubs will be targets).

I have fallen victim to graded cards, and may need to attach the slabhead label soon. I prefer SGC as the best company to work with and best people and most consistent grading. I use them for everything 1950 and older. But I got hooked on the PSA registry competition, so cards from 1950 onwards are PSA. The irony here is that I really don't have the collection that is worth the competition, so I don't really know what I'm doing. (Veterans of the Board will hopefully agree with me that I am very good and easy to do business with, although I am a very small fish that rarely spends much money on high dollar cards). I guess I just aspire to greater things. There's not much satisfaction in knowing I have the #44th ranked postward HOF Rookie set, or whatever I've fallen to these days. But I do take great pride in my #1 Ron Cey set and my top 10 Walter Payton Basic set, so maybe that's better than a kick in the head. Maybe not.

My collecting is focused, but in a very meandering and general fashion to which there seems to be little pattern. Postwar, I collect favorite players. Prewar, I collect Chicago Cubs and cards that I just think are "Ridiculously good looking" (Zoolander). I also collect cards and memorabilia of my cousins, a pair of brothers who played MLB back in the 1930-40s. Past that breakdown, the collection is a hard to figure mess...You can find my website through my profile. It is in bad need of updating!

I am glad to meet so many similarly afflicted people here on Net54, and I do someday hope to have something besides a silly sense of humor to contribute to the Board. I could go on and on, I suppose, but who has time to read all that? Pictures are not posted as they would shock and disturb.

Last edited by JasonL; 12-11-2009 at 08:34 AM. Reason: spelling and various other stupidities