View Single Post
Old 09-26-2023, 09:14 PM
Curt

Awesome to see another. I missed one that sold on ebay. I assumed it was Al who won it, but maybe he bought it from the winner...or maybe there is a third one out there. It was many years ago, in the early ebay days. Would love to own one, but I figure oddities like these will either be impossible to find or restrictively expensive, like when someone offered me a 1980 Topps Garvey test coin a few years back for the lowly sum of $1500. I like Garvey, but just not willing to sink that much into an item like that. Especially because I also missed out on an old ebay lot that had several of the coins and it sold for around $100-150 if I recall correctly. Sadly, I recall asking the winner (back when you could still see other IDs) and he was willing to sell one of the Garvey at a bargain price now, but it felt like too much then compared to what he had just paid for the lot! One of my biggest regrets in my collecting career.