View Single Post
Old 04-17-2011, 01:54 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Default 1915 Cracker Jack Advertising Card Joe Tinker Card?

So everyone knows the Cracker Jack Advertising Poster that REA sold in 2009. I recently purchased a "card" from a similar poster, I believe. Apparently someone meticulously cut the Tinker from the poster and now I have it. It is real, not a reprint (I looked at it under black light and it is on thick poster cardboard stock, and also the colors are magnificent (you can actually see some of the remaining black border where whoever cut it out left a touch). I actually printed out the Cracker Jack poster from REA's site and enlarged it to 11 X 14.5 like the original size, both front and back, and pasted the two together to see if the wording on the back matches the original, and it is a 100% match.

My questions are these:
1. Do you think a TPG would grade it as "Authentic"?
2. What would it be worth compared to a 1915 Cracker Jack card? (The "card" is in great shape with no creases and relatively sharp corners)

There were only 3 cards that could be cut from the poster "Whole" and the other 2 are Cobb and Mullen.

It is a travesty that someone would have "chopped" this up in 1915, but I guess back then, this really wasn't anything to be thought of!!

Thoughts??