View Single Post
Old 06-24-2007, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Selig Cover-Up of MLB's Role

Posted By: jay behrens

I'm the same about Selig, the guy is possibly the single biggest embarrassment this sport has ever seen. I don't want him there when Bonds hits 756 because Selig has done more harm to baseball than any single person. Bonds should not be criticized for playing the game within the construct that Selig set up. Bonds took advantage of the situation to the fullest extent possible, just like many others did.

Bonds shouldn't have to share the limelight of breaking HR record, even though Selig if it wasn't for Selig, it probably wouldn't be happening.

too bad there isn't a way for the player's association to be able to get rid of a commissioner if he doing things detrimental to the game. The owners don't care as long as their pockets are getting lined. This goes back to what I've said over the years, people will make business decisions that if they were posed with the same situation in their personal life, their choice would be completely different.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.