View Single Post
Old 09-23-2014, 02:53 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
It is important that individuals are aware of the fact that the Blue Conlon stamp is bad. Often this was placed on legitimate vintage photographs, maybe even original Conlon Photographs to add provenance, but that does not always mean the photo is bad.
Rhy, great article, but let's quit using the word 'maybe', as you and I have both sold original Conlon prints recently that had the blue stamp on the back (the mounted Wheat and Alexander photographs). Yours even had the forged Conlon signature that you have said sometimes accompanies the bad blue stamp. So we both know that the 'perpetrator' most definitely placed the bogus stamp AND the forged Conlon signature on the backs of original Type I Conlon prints.

If any forum member has a mounted print with the stamp (such as the example shown below), and you feel certain the print is an original Conlon, you can remove the print from the mount and you will most likely find evidence that it is a Conlon. If you have such an item and feel uncomfortable messing with it, mail it to me.

Last edited by Runscott; 11-30-2014 at 12:08 PM.