Thread: Ebay BINs
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2013, 03:22 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Lance, your point is well taken but,

if a seller has a $150 card listed with a $900 BIN and his other listings have comparably marked up asking prices, I have no hesitation in making an offer of $150. If he blocks me, I could care less and he keeps his inventory forever. I think it depends on who is being unreasonable. I know that I wont be blocked at his estate sale.
Ha! Okay, fair enough. I was thinking more of my own case, where I price things at something resembling fair market value: maybe not bargain basement prices, but certainly not 6x-10x what an item is worth. Bottom line though is that, whether it's the buyer or the seller who is being unreasonable, if there is that much disparity in the perceived value of the item, I think both parties are better off moving on to the next deal.

And just for the record, I've been selling on eBay for a looong time, and haven't always had the "block the bottom-feeders" policy. Even when I used to at least counter every offer I received though, no matter how ridiculous the initial offer, I can't recall a single instance where someone started out at 10-15% of my asking price and we finally settled somewhere in the middle.